Friday, July 31, 2009

Our Trip to Kentucky

On Tuesday we drove up to Kentucky, to see the Creation Mueseum. It was really fun, and we had some fun on the way there too.

Sander's Cafe

As you can see on the way there, we went to the Original Kentucky Fried Chicken in Corbin, Kentucky. When Colonel Harland Sanders started it, it was a motel. The Restraunt was right next to it, where he opened the Sanders Cafe. He also named the motel Sanders Court.
This is a picture of John Thomas in front of an old highway sign,with Colonel Sanders that advertised his own Sanders Cafe.
This is a picture of me and my Brothers, John Thomas (JT), and James Martin (JM). Plus, we all wore red for the occasion.
This is a picture of what was his office.
Turtles at the Creation Museum
My favorite part of the Museum was the Turtles, they had real live turtles. I was so lucky to get this picture, because he looked right at me.
This is another picture of some of the turtles, taking a sun bath.
I know they are hard to see, but I got 3 turtles in this picture!
At the Creation Museum
The Creation Museum was about 6 day creation. They proved that there were real dinosaurs.The Bible's best description of a dinosaur-like animal is recorded in Job chapter 40. “Look at the behometh, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God…” Job 40:15-19.






Noah's Ark
There was this Gigantic Room, that looked like all these people building the ark! It was really neat!
This is like a built graph, of what the ark looks like. It's like two sides of it taken off.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I lost my first comment so I will try again...I love seeing the pictures from your trip. Looks like you all had a great time. Those are great pictures of the turtles and the Creation Museum looks very interesting. I have never visited any of these places so I appreciate you sharing with us. I hope you will be able to share more in future posts. Glad you had a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip!! I would love to see the Creation Museum. It looks like a fascinating place to visit. I also loved hearing about the Sanders Cafe!

I love turtles, too. You got some really good pictures!!

Jennifer said...

I love your blog! It is so cute! I have a blog award for you! Stop on over and pick it up!

Miss Jennifer

A Joyful Chaos said...

How interesting! Thanks for sharing.